How We Can Help
Since its founding, AADD has maintained a reputation for developing innovative and effective programs that create support, acceptance and opportunities for children, adults and families living with disabilities. Throughout the years, AADD has provided family support services, remained active in public policy and advocacy and worked in communities across the state to educate and create awareness around developmental disabilities.
Our goals are:
- Empowering families to make informed choices and build on their strengths
- Promoting and influencing public policy aimed at creating more inclusive services and communities
- Building the capacity of communities to engage and support individuals with developmental disabilities and their families
- Acting as a high performing, results-driven organization with diversified funding
Outcomes we are working to achieve:
- 75% of families we serve report improved quality of life, achieving their goals and reduced stress.
- 70% of our clients in Outreach Services will meet 8 out of 10 standards on our independence scale.
- 80% of clients served in Outreach Services will reduce emergency room visits to once per year.
- 500 families served in the Family Support Center received the services they needed to improve their situations and achieve their goals
- 55% of Partners in Policymaking graduates engaged in our advocacy work at the local, regional or state level.
- 85% of professionals we train report increased knowledge of developmental disabilities and use of new techniques to work within their profession.
We believe in working with families. We understand that developmental disabilities are manifested early in life (before age 22), their time spans are life-long and their effects are far-reaching. AADD believes in family-oriented and community-based approaches because the impact of developmental disabilities is not limited to one individual. We serve the parents, children, extended family members and communities directly connected to the individual because this ensures long-term, sustainable empowerment for families and communities.
For these and all AADD participants, we provide the following programs:
- Family Support Services
- Public Policy and Advocacy
- Community Engagement