AADD’s Family Support Services provide a direct support system for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities. Our participants range in age from 3 to 80-years-old. Call us to find out if we can help you or your family at 404-881-9777.
We serve individuals and families living with a developmental disability in Fulton, DeKalb, Gwinnett, Rockdale and Clayton counties with various supports to help them to live independently in the community. These participants must be approved by Region 3 for services and are mostly low-income families.
Family Support Center
Our Family Support Center located in Decatur was established in the fall of 2012. It provides a dedicated space, services and programs designed to help metro Atlanta families impacted by developmental disabilities work through the challenges they face. The Center focuses its efforts primarily on helping families solve problems arising during times of transition. There are two significant transitions, the first being from teenager into young adult and the second for end-of-life planning for aging caregivers. Services are available to any family and delivered by a team of seasoned consultants. The Center offers:
- Benefits and waiver application guidance
- Workshops, seminars and community discussions on specific topics
- Employment support services for those aging out of high school
- Wellness and community recreation activities for young adults
- Care planning services to find housing, residential or therapeutic services
- Community care services for those that need individual support to live independently